Join a dynamic Washington, DC-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering analytics platforms, customer-driven research content, and focused advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries who own or invest in energy assets and markets.
The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs seeks driven and curious team members interested in accelerated professional growth and the intersections of business, strategy, law, and technology in the world’s most important industry to join our commercial team and drive the growth of our leading Energy Oil & Gas analytics platforms, Insights research products, and focused advisory services.
Your dedication and success will help our customers make the essential decisions and investments powering America’s energy independence.
About the Position
The successful account executive will develop new prospect and customer relationships and communicate the value of the LawIQ offering to users from project teams to portfolio managers to C-suite executives. As a key contributor to LawIQ’s expansion, you will utilize and develop your business-to-business sales capabilities alongside a team of talented professionals. Working for the Director of Business Development and collaborating with the marketing and product managers, you will be responsible for all aspects of building and progressing the sales funnel through closing and onboarding. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Targeting, developing, qualifying, and selling leads and accounts via cold and warm outreach
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with decision makers and influencers at prospect and existing customer accounts
- Leading strategic account planning, and providing analysis and inputs to pricing and deal structure decisions
- Collecting, inputting, and maintaining customer data in the company customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing systems and email.
- Collaborating cross-functionally on product positioning, segmentation and persona development and planning and executing account-based content marketing campaigns
- Leading product demonstrations and working with the product team to collect and analyze “voice of customer” data to inform new user stories and product roadmaps
Enterprising, Committed, Curious, and Relationship focused. You can communicate, establish trust, and problem solve with business professionals and internal teammates. Your dedication to learning and ability to listen will enable you to comprehend customer problems involving complex issues at the intersection of energy markets, strategy, law, business, and technology. Your persistence is fundamental to your success, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Opportunities to accelerate your career growth focused on B2B sales and to work across all functions of a growing business. You probably want to help build and lead a sales organization or business in the not so distant future.
- To work for a company and with a team committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- A management team that encourages and invests in your professional development and has the capabilities and commitment to achieve their vision.
- Autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal lives.
- To have an ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond the competitive salary and commissions you will earn.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Experience in direct B2B sales or sales development roles, preferably SaaS
- A demonstrated interest in some combination of: energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship and innovation, computer software and technology
- Demonstrated initiative and relationship development and management skills
- Familiarity with proven sales techniques and CRM systems
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC (Capitol Hill), Hunt Valley, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.
LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.