Join a dynamic Washington, DC-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering analytics platforms, customer-driven research content, and focused advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries who own or invest in energy assets and markets.
The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs seeks driven and curious team members interested in accelerated professional growth and the intersections of business, strategy, law, and technology in the world’s most important industry to join our Research Product team and drive the thought leadership and analysis that integrates our leading Energy Oil & Gas analytics platforms, Insights research products, and focused advisory services.
Your dedication and success will help our customers make the essential decisions and investments powering America’s energy independence.
About the Position
The Director of Oil Insights will lead the research, analysis, and dissemination of liquids pipeline and marketplace regulatory and commercial intelligence to LawIQ customers. Responsibilities could include:
- Conducting research, analyzing data, and developing findings on energy industry events at the intersection of strategy, law, and business to develop a new, recurring LawIQ Insights product line analogous to the current natural gas and Liquefied Natural Gas product
- Interpreting industry regulatory filings to federal and state agencies, legal documents, and LawIQ’s liquids pipeline databases for potentially market impacting information and identify other key information for further synthesis into primarily written and presentation-based analytical products
- Monitoring relevant agency, congressional, and state policy activities and legal actions, and industry news sources for information of interest to customers, as well as attending hearings and agency meetings and summarizing proposed policy actions, legislation, etc.
- Collaborating on ideation and roadmapping for new analytical products and services
- Providing front line sales and customer success support, training, and on demand analyses
Enterprising, Committed, Curious, and Relationship focused. Your grasp of complex energy regulatory issues and industry dynamics at the intersection of energy markets, strategy, law, business, and technology allows you to anticipate and interpret events and their impact on energy infrastructure, companies, and markets. Your persistence is fundamental to your success, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- A demonstrated interest in one or more of: law and regulatory policy, energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship, software and data technologies
- Analytical acumen and ability to review and synthesize legal and other technical documents to identify key insights, trends, or patterns and determine relevance for LawIQ’s products and customers
- Familiarity with oil pipeline commercial and regulatory terminology, processes, and information databases
- Exposure or desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunities to accelerate your career growth and focused on energy industry research and thought leadership.
- To create and maintain relationships directly with client decision-makers to provide timely and unique viewpoints that influence their essential decisions.
- To work across all functions of a growing business and make a direct contribution to its brand equity.
- To work for a company and with a team committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- A management team that encourages and invests in your professional development and has the capabilities and commitment to achieve their vision.
- Autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal lives.
- To have an ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond a competitive salary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Experience in direct B2B sales or sales development roles, preferably SaaS
- A demonstrated interest in some combination of: energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship and innovation, computer software and technology
- Demonstrated initiative and relationship development and management skills
- Familiarity with proven sales techniques and CRM systems
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
Job Location / Type
Washington, D.C. - Full time
LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC (Capitol Hill), Hunt Valley, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.
LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.