Data Visualization Architect - Full Time Opportunity
Join a dynamic, growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering business intelligence analytics and advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries to explain and predict regulatory, legal, and market events by combining proprietary AI technology with industry expertise.
The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs and engineers seeks smart, driven, and curious teammates interested in pursuing rapid professional growth at the intersections of data-driven technologies, energy infrastructure, law, and regulatory policy to join our Data Science and Research Product team.
This position offers the opportunity to contribute to the intelligence we deliver to customers via our analytics platforms and written Insights products. You will apply multiple data visualization techniques and technologies to create compelling analyses for a range of users - from project teams to portfolio managers to C-suites - to help them make the critical decisions and investments empowering America’s energy independence.
About the position
The Data Visualization Architect works with the Data Science and Research Product Team to create unique analyses and visualizations and deliver them to customers. These data-infused reports are delivered via LawIQ’s leading energy regulatory web-based analytics platform and a variety of separate written reports and presentations. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing clear and creative ways to present data and insights and tell stories through a variety of data visualizations and dashboards
- Interviewing clients to understand their use cases and user stories to continuously enhance our platform and products
- Utilizing multiple data visualization tools and techniques to wrangle large data sets ingested by our proprietary data acquisition systems and conducting analyses to transform the data into clear compelling visuals
- Collaborating with the research and business teams to understand customer questions and challenges and provide answers supported by data
- Providing front line customer success services, training, and on demand support
- Mining and analysing data resident in regulatory and other public filings to federal and state agencies to uncover market impacting information
Driven, dedicated, data obsessed and design oriented. You are able to quickly gain the trust of team members and translate complex data sets into visual and actionable insights. You have a demonstrated pattern of success and initiative, a desire to learn, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Education – Bachelor's of Science degree in a data visualization or design related major.
- Functional knowledge – excellent analytical acumen and ability to analyze and visualize data using superior spreadsheet skills, statistical analysis, and one or more business intelligence platforms
- Experience and knowledge of data visualization techniques and dashboard development
- Skills using data visualization tools such as Excel, and some BI tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Exposure to managing large datasets in SQL
- Exposure to or familiarity with programming/scripting/coding in R, Python, SQL, or related object-oriented languages
- An interest in the energy industry and associated technology, policy, legal, and regulatory domains
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
You may have or seek
- Experience working with agile development processes, tools, and teams
- Experience in graphic design
Job Location / Type: Washington, D.C. - Full time
Compensation & Benefits: Commensurate with experience
- Base salary plus opportunities for equity
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development opportunities budget
Work Environment: LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.
Equal Opportunity: LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.
To Apply: Send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LawIQ (www.lawiq.com) is a leading provider of regulatory and legal data analytics and advisory services for blue chip energy and industrial corporations and financial firms who need to deploy capital with confidence, manage risk, and maximize returns. For the first time, millions of unstructured regulatory, financial, and legal filings are structured and obtainable in an intuitive platform that sets a new standard for capturing, monitoring, modeling, and forecasting regulatory events. LawIQ’s team of lawyers, statisticians, and software experts apply industry knowledge and machine learning technologies to engineer data acquisition systems, create analytics, and originate insights that reveal regulatory and legal intelligence and predict permitting milestones.
Create commerce for our customers by providing technologies and expertise that explain and predict energy market regulatory and legal events.
Our core values
- Commitment –We are driven to make our customers wildly successful.
- Passion – We are creating something that is greater than ourselves.
- Authenticity – We are candid even when it is uncomfortable.
- Humility – We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Grit - We set goals that often require going outside our comfort zone.
- Unity – We are a family.