Energy Research Analyst - Full Time Opportunity
Join a dynamic growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering business intelligence analytics and advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries. We combine data technologies and expertise to explain and predict energy industry regulatory, legal, and market events.
The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs seeks smart, driven, detail oriented, and curious team members interested in rapid professional growth and the intersections of energy infrastructure, law, regulatory policy, technology, and finance to join our Research Product Team.
By creating and contributing to the intelligence we deliver to customers via our analytics platforms and written Insights products, you will be on a path to becoming an industry expert and thought leader. And, you will be helping our customers make the critical decisions and investments empowering America’s energy independence.
About the position
Energy Research Analysts work with the Research Product Team to create and contribute to research, analysis, and dissemination of energy regulatory and legal intelligence to LawIQ customers. Responsibilities could include:
- Conducting research, analyzing data, and developing findings for the Directors of Research and Regulatory Analysis on legal and regulatory topics and issues in the energy industry that support LawIQ Insights products
- Collecting and interpreting industry regulatory filings to federal and state agencies, legal documents, and other data sets for potentially market impacting information and applying logic and creativity to develop methodologies to extract key information for further synthesis into visual or written analytical products
- Monitoring relevant agency, congressional, and state policy activities and legal actions, and industry news sources for information of interest to customers, as well as attending hearings and agency meetings and summarizing proposed policy actions, legislation, etc.
- Collaborating on ideation and roadmapping for new analytical products and services
- Providing front line customer success services, training, and on demand analyses
- Tracking and updating tasks and milestones in various project management and agile development applications
Driven. Dedicated. Detail Oriented. You are able to quickly gain the trust of team members and comprehend complex issues at the intersection of law, finance, and technology. You have a demonstrated pattern of success and initiative, excellent communication skills, a desire to learn, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
- A demonstrated interest in one or more of: law and regulatory policy, energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship, software and data technologies
- Analytical acumen and ability to review and synthesize legal and other technical documents to identify key insights, trends, or patterns and determine relevancy for LawIQ’s products and customers
- Familiarity with legal terminology, processes, and information databases
- Exposure to entrepreneurial environments
Job Location / Type: Washington, D.C. - Full time
Compensation & Benefits: Commensurate with experience
- Base salary, plus opportunities for equity
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Work Environment: LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative, flexible and professional work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.
Equal Opportunity: LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.
To Apply: Send resume and cover email to email@example.com
LawIQ (www.lawiq.com) is a leading provider of regulatory and legal data analytics and advisory services for blue chip energy and industrial corporations and financial firms who need to deploy capital with confidence, manage risk, and maximize returns. For the first time, millions of unstructured regulatory, financial, and legal filings are structured and obtainable in an intuitive platform that sets a new standard for capturing, monitoring, modeling, and forecasting regulatory events. LawIQ’s team of lawyers, statisticians, and software experts apply industry knowledge and machine learning technologies to engineer data acquisition systems, create analytics, and originate insights that reveal regulatory and legal intelligence and predict permitting milestones.
Create commerce for our customers by providing technologies and expertise that explain and predict energy market regulatory and legal events.
Our core values
- Commitment – We are driven to make our customers wildly successful.
- Passion – We are creating something that is greater than ourselves.
- Authenticity – We are candid even when it is uncomfortable.
- Humility – We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Grit - We set goals that often require going outside our comfort zone.
- Unity – We are a family.