Join a dynamic, growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering business intelligence analytics and advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries to explain and predict regulatory, legal, and market events by combining proprietary data technologies and industry expertise.
The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs seeks a smart, driven, and curious teammate interested in pursuing rapid professional growth at the intersections of data technologies, energy infrastructure, law, and regulatory policy, to join our Product Team and drive the growth of our leading Oil and Gas Energy analytics platform.
By managing the continuous development of our flagship platform you will be a key contributor to LawIQ’s expansion and have an opportunity to apply agile product management methods and tools alongside a team of talented software engineers and customer facing sales, marketing and industry professionals. And, you will be helping our customers make the critical decisions and investments empowering America’s energy independence.
About the position
The product manager will work with engineering, product, design and marketing teams to grow the flagship LawIQ Energy Oil and Gas (O&G) analytics platform - the market’s first application to quantify vast collections of regulatory and legal documents and convert them into actionable intelligence used to make operational, infrastructure investment, and equity and commodity trading decisions.
The successful PM will execute the product vision by breaking it down into actionable milestones, user stories, and deliverables and manage execution of development sprints and milestones. The ideal candidate will be customer facing to collect and integrate voice of the customer into all product decisions. Responsibilities could include:
- Contributing to maintaining the product vision and roadmap
- Collaborating with sales & marketing to collect and integrate voice of the customer into all product decisions
- Leading agile development process(es) sprints and scrums and ensuring timely documentation and status reporting utilizing suite of enabling tools (Confluence, Jira, Slack, Aha, etc.)
- Supporting marketing in the development of collateral materials and other activities to position and promote the O&G platform to current and prospective customers.
- Coordinating product releases, including tracking bugs, features, data, and metrics.
- Assessing and developing resource requirements and budget inputs to executive leadership to support growth targets.
- Leading demos and VOC collection sessions to support sales and product development.
Driven. Detail Focused. Dedicated. You are able to quickly gain trust of a cross-functional technical team and drive product development. To do so, you are able to comprehend complex issues at the intersection of law, finance and technology. You have a demonstrated pattern of success and initiative, a desire to learn, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Education – Bachelor's degree required, MBA or MS a plus
- Functional Knowledge – 2-3 years working on or with SaaS product teams and designing and delivering software products
- Skilled with various software development project management principles and associated tools such as Agile, Kanban and familiar with associated tools such as JIRA, Slack, and Confluence
- Proven track record of end-to-end execution of projects
- Visual communication skills and are, able to express an idea quickly using sketches
- Industry knowledge - experience or strong interest in the energy industry and associated technology, policy, legal, and regulatory domains
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
Job Location / Type: Washington, D.C. - Full time
Compensation & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience
- Base salary plus opportunities for equity
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development opportunities budget
Work Environment: LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.
Equal Opportunity: LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.
To Apply: Send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
LawIQ (www.lawiq.com) is a leading provider of regulatory and legal data analytics and advisory services for blue chip energy and industrial corporations and financial firms who need to deploy capital with confidence, manage risk, and maximize returns. For the first time, millions of unstructured regulatory, financial, and legal filings are structured and obtainable in an intuitive platform that sets a new standard for capturing, monitoring, modeling, and forecasting regulatory events. LawIQ’s team of lawyers, statisticians, and software experts apply industry knowledge and machine learning technologies to engineer data acquisition systems, create analytics, and originate insights that reveal regulatory and legal intelligence and predict permitting milestones.
Create commerce for our customers by providing technologies and expertise that explain and predict energy market regulatory and legal events.
Our core values
- Commitment – We are driven to make our customers wildly successful.
- Passion – We are creating something that is greater than ourselves.
- Authenticity – We are candid even when it is uncomfortable.
- Humility – We are open to personal change and continuous improvement.
- Grit - We set goals that often require going outside our comfort zone.
- Unity – We are a family.