FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY
Join a dynamic, growing Washington, DC-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company delivering business intelligence analytics, data and customer-driven research content, and focused advisory services to blue chip customers in the energy and financial industries who own or invest in energy assets and markets. The LawIQ team of entrepreneurs, engineers, and energy experts combine technology and expertise, so customers can better anticipate events impacting their growth.
We are driven to engage in the essential decisions at the intersection of strategy, law, and business, and technology, and seek smart curious teammates interested in pursuing rapid professional growth to join our software development and data acquisition team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and productizing complex data pipelines. Additionally, you will be constructing and manipulating large-scale data sets, providing recommendations to improve the quality of data, engaging in knowledge extraction, and working closely with data scientists to provide analytical insights.
QUALIFICATIONS - YOU HAVE
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience if non-degreed.
- REST API development using the Django Rest or comparable framework
- Proven track record in software engineering
- Exposure to managing large datasets in SQL
- Continuous Integration Tools / GitHub
- Experience deploying, backing up, and maintaining cloud infrastructure (strong preference for Amazon Web Services)
- Exposure to modern data science and data engineering techniques
- Comfortable working with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Competence programming/scripting/coding in R, Python, SQL, or related object-oriented languages
- An interest in the energy industry and associated technology, policy, legal, and regulatory domains
- Ability to work well in a collaborative and Agile development environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated fit with LawIQ’s shared values
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
Job Location / Type:
|Hunt Valley, MD - Full time|
Compensation & Benefits:
|Commensurate with experience ($80,000 - $120,000)
Base salary plus opportunities for equity
Employer-sponsored health plans
Flexible work hours and location
Unlimited paid time off
Annual professional development opportunities budget
|We combine data, technology, and expertise for customers that own or invest in energy assets and markets, so they better anticipate events impacting their growth.|
|We are driven to engage in the essential decisions at the intersection of strategy, law, and business.|
Our Shared Values:
We are motivated to serve our team members, customers, and then ourselves, so we can grow and succeed together. Energy
We are enthusiastic about the contributions we can make to our customers, families, and communities.
We are always genuine and honest, even when we are uncomfortable, because we want the best ideas to prevail.
We speak through our results and would rather compliment a teammate’s contribution than our own.
We set long-term goals that require risk-taking, grit, and continuous improvement, because excellence is a journey.
|LawIQ has offices in Washington, DC (Capitol Hill), Hunt Valley, MD, and a satellite in Denver, CO. We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely.|
|LawIQ is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.|
|Send resume and cover email to email@example.com|